Monday, March 19, 2012

Freedom was not Free

Yesterday at church we sang a song a very good song the chorus was
I am free to run
I am free to dance
I am free to live for you
I am free
Yes, I am free
This is one of my favorite songs (I have a lot of them) but during this song I began to think about some things and decided to share. The lyrics in this song are true, very true, I am free to do all these things. If we where in the old testament though I wouldn't be free because I am considered a Gentile and in the old testament only Jews were considered God's chosen people. In the New Testament though that all changed. God sent his Son to be born of a most favored virgin, could you imagine how Mary must have felt being chosen and told she out all the others in the world was favored enough to to carry God's Son. Jesus was born in the most humble of ways, but his death was not so humble his death was full of torture, brutality, pain, and anguish.he was whipped, beaten, humiliated, mocked, a crown of thorns was put on his head digging into his forehead making blood run down his face, he was made to carry the 125lbs cross that he would die on .5 mile (what scholars think). He was already weak from the brutal beating so I am sure that .5 mile felt like 10 miles. When he made it to the top of Mt Calvary the laid down the cross and began to nail him to it, I cringe thinking about hammering the nails into the palms I am sure it took several hits three separate times,, I could imaging hearing the sound of it going through the flesh and the bone. They weren't finished though after hammering they lifted the cross up standing tall, this is something else that makes me cringe, as the lifted him while he was on the cross I am pretty sure he wasn't just there hanging I can imagine his flesh tearing from the weight of hanging. Through all this torture while he was still hanging on the cross he got out the most simplistic words, but so hard for many to say, he said Father forgive them for they know not what they do. He was the ultimate soldier, he was somebody's son, brother, he was 12 disciples leader and best friend. I can't imagine watching my son or brother going through all that. So many people today are so ungrateful for the ultimate sacrifice that was given to give the world eternal freedom, not just Jews or a few selected but every single person that ever walked the earth from that point after. Because of him I am free to run, dance, live for him, love him, and know I will live eternity with him. My thoughts for the Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment