Monday, March 5, 2012

When You are Weak I will be Strong

Romans 15:1-3
1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. 2 Let every one of us please his neighbor for his good to edification. 3 For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, the reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.

I have heard people say Romans is probably their least favorite book of the bible, I have read it before, ok a few times, but have only recently fell in love with it. Its probably the most plain and direct book with so much meaning (in my opinion). Example the verses above for me have so much meaning. We as Christians and Flesh, as well as the lost are going to have our moments of weakness. We do not need to be selfish and think how will it help me to help them, well they are struggling but I think I am struggling more, so or so are helping them I don't need to, or well I don't get along with them so I will just ignore it, these are just examples. Could you imagine if Jesus had thought that way when he decided to take on our sins, what if on that road to Calvary with every pain stricken step he suddenly stopped and said forget them they don't care, I am doing this for them and they are persecuting me, he wasn't thinking of himself he was thinking of me and you for without what he sacrificed you and I would be lost for eternity. When I see someone struggling or having a moment of weakness I want to be strong enough for them to uplift them, encourage them, help take some of the burdens of their shoulders, without thinking on my own problems. No matter how big I think my problems are there is always someone out there with a worse problem someone that is lost, searching, and I want to be the one to help. I always want to be the one someone is comfortable and wants to go to in situation, when the need uplifting, when they need encouragement, when they need prayer, whatever they need no matter who they are I want to be that person, not for my own personal edification but for God's, because that comfort that people will feel with me is not just me but HIM. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment